Monday, February 25, 2008

Some stuff I've made

This is a close up of a purse I made a while ago. I put it on my ETSY site, because I would love for someone to love it, too! I have so much stuff that needs a home. I don't know if I'll sell anything at all on ETSY, but heck...it beats sitting at a craft show not selling anything!

this guy down here is the Man in the Blue Moon. He's hand-painted/inked on fabric, which was kind of fun. and then he's sewn into a little wall hanging that's about a foot square. I have a sun that goes with it, but not in a wall hanging...that's an embroidery, and I haven't taken a picture of it yet. I'll show them together when I do...who knows, maybe I could do a wall hanging of the sun and and embroidery of the moon, and then I'd have a whole celestial line of products going on!
Here is another purse. It's made of all kinds of fun, funky fabrics from my 'reconstruction' days. I bought alot of novelty remnants and alot of old dresses and stuff from goodwill and cut them up and sewed them back together. that was really fun and freeing. I'd like to do some other pieces in a similar vein when I get my posing suits and embroidery jobs all caught up! Maybe some quilts and pillows.
It is Girl Scout cookie time right now in our neck of the woods. I spent two hours freezing my ass off yesterday with my daughter and her friend Jessie. We did okay, sold about 44 boxes of cookies. That's $22 for the troop. They are saving to go to Savannah next summer (not this coming summer, the one after that!) to the home of Juliet Lowe. I think I'm looking forward to that! A week on a bus with a bunch of adolescent girls? Yeah, can't wait.

Cookie sales I don't mind so much. Yesterday was pretty miserable, and for some reason, I am enough of a control freak with managing the cookie business for our troop that I always seem to be the one standing there the first weekend...which is in FEBRUARY, duh! I could hold out and do my share towards the end of March when there is at least a hope that it won't be below freezing, but no, I have to get out there while the cookie sales are fresh! The girls were funny...they were telling people about the kinds of cookies they have, and when talking about the 'Trefoils' or shortbread cookies, they would say, "These are old cookies" and then show them the "cinnaspins' and tell them that these were "newer" cookies. I suggested that they say "Old-fashioned variety" so that people wouldn't think we had been keeping them in the basement for two years!

No comments: