Thursday, February 21, 2008

From Doodle to Viki

Okay, I really don't understand what the deal is here, but this was a really cute colored in picture that I saved...I tried to upload it twice here, but it's not working, and I can't seem to get rid of it, so I'll just let it stay at some sort of abstract thing. Anyway, what I was trying to show is the drawing I did for the embroidery below, modeled by our lovely Phyllis.
I gave it to Karen last night, and she was delighted, and even noticed all the tiny K's inside the big K!
As you can see, it's quite chilly in our basement, and Phyllis isn't wearing the appropriate undergarments for modelling clothing for the pre-teen girl, but we'll give her a break...it was late.
But I'm really pleased with how well the embroidery turned out. It took FOREVER to stitch, but it's so pretty and colorful! One thing that I learned was that you have to be careful with smaller shirt on that big hoop...the edges of the shirt kept flopping onto the embroidery and I had to snip away one tiny bit cause it got caught. Maybe I should devise some way to clip things to the edges to prevent that.
I've decided to name my Huskvarna Viking Designer SE Viki. Viki is alot easier to spell than HUSK....whatever. When I am mad at her, I'll refer to her at That Rotten Hussy, since that's in the name, too. Last night we got along fine and I am calling her Viki today.

I also took lots of pictures of the stuff I have accumulated in my box labeled "Finished Evidence of Creative Genius". I hope to start a site on ETSY to sell some of this stuff. I love it, I made it all, but I don't have that many babies in my life right now to give cute little hats to. I don't have enough stuff to do the craft show thing, and I don't have time to make more, so it seems like ETSY might be the best option for me. Hopefully I'll find some time to set all that up soon, stay tuned for a grand opening!

No comments: