Monday, February 4, 2008

February's finished quilt

I started this quilt back in....a long time ago. but I finished the binding the other morning during a one-hour snow delay (there was no snow, not even any ice, but we had to wait an hour to go to school because it looked like it might think about snowing?)
I hand-quilted it with embroidery floss, which seemed like a fun idea when I started it, but the thrill was gone pretty quickly...but I still like the quilt.

I've also been working on Maja's posing suit...got a gorgeous purple velvet from Spandex World last week, and I worked up the courage to cut into it yesterday...now, if I can squeeze a few minutes out of the day to go down and start putting in elastic! I also ordered a woman (mannequin) the other day, I can't wait for her to come so I have someone to put my suit on for fittings! One cool thing about doing suits for body builders is that they bodies have similar measurements to the mannequins!

No comments: