Friday, March 14, 2008

More suits, carbon footprints, and it's Friday!




what a week! I have been in a total fog the past few days, but I think I'm coming out of it. My diseased mind tells me that I probably have a vitamin deficiency as a result of my protein/fruit and vegetable only diet, and I should probably eat a loaf of bread. On the other hand, I have been eating this way for 18 months and haven't really suffered as a result of it up to now, so it's maybe some sort of temporary (but very serious and requiring lots of sympathy) 24-hour cancer or something. Or it could just be PMS, winter and stress combining to get my attention: HEY! Get some sleep!

but Hey...I'm having the time of my life making these posing suits and getting the embroidery thing going, working all that.

We had a girl scout meeting last night and talked about our Bronze Award Service project. I presented my idea to the girls and they loved it (a minor miracle). Now I just have to suck up the energy to get things rolling. Here is my idea: We are going to have a Carbon Footprint Education Station: We will set up a Kroger or somewhere like that and offer free tire pressure testing and filling ( to increase fuel efficiency), and provide starter plants for home-grown produce (to promote sustainable, locally grown agriculture) and maybe even make recycled recipe books...recipes taken from other sources, printed on recycled paper and bound with handmade/recycled paper. We'll also pass out footprint shaped fliers with information about reducing the Carbon Footprint. I'm so excited (in my mind)...getting this off the ground might take a little more than I can do.

3 comments:

nottotaled said...

I seriously don't know how you do it all. Who cooks? Who cleans? Do you have a maid and a cook? I can barely feed the cats and wash the dishes. Maybe it's that three-hour-a-day commute that's getting in my way.

Have a great weekend!

nottotaled said...

I know you won't judge me, and that's only ONE of the reasons I love you. How can I help make this non-existant carbon footprint. Shall I talk to my Cali attorneys?

Can I continue on ad nausum through our WEB LOGS or shall we just meet in person?

I'll C U THER

Love, Stewie

Tracy Hopkins said...

Well, you know, at least this way I feel comforted to know that someone besides me is reading this blog!