Tuesday, April 1, 2008

playing catch up

Oh, boy--I am in arrears here I fear! I had those suits to finish for the competion on the 22nd of March, and I have several more due in a few more days, I had the flu, the kids had spring break, and so on!

Here are some pics from the Northern Kentucky NPC competition on March 22. Abbie is front and center wearing the tan one-piece:

We love the suit, but it seems the color didn't quite work for her, it's almost the same color as she is! My solution was to add about six hundred million more stones, but we're holding off on that one for a while...I'm in the middle of making a poppin' red suit for the next show, on April 12. Here is the back view:

Abbie placed sixth in her class out of about...alot of women...maybe 25 or so, so I think she did great! Of course, we all want first....

And here is Maja--she placed second in her height class! I'm so psyched for her! I would like to think the suit has alot to do with this, but I'm pretty sure I still have alot of design work to do before I can call myself accomplished in this market...

I have two more women I am working with right now and just when I think I have things worked out, I am pretty sure I am clueless. Hopefully we'll get it straightened out with this next go-round, because I am running out of not only time, but fabric!

My next learning experience here will be working with underwires! I found a website where I can buy them, which is huge--not too many people sell that sort of thing, because honestly...how many people make their own bras, and how many people put wires in swim suits? Well, I'm about to be one!

Stay posted...

2 comments:

nottotaled said...

You crack me up! It also cracks me up that the girls are wearing . . . heels?! Too funny. I'm sure I'm just jealous. The suits look fab, btw. I don't know how you do it all. Glad you are feeling better.

Tracy Hopkins said...

Oh yeah--not just heel, but four inch clear plexiglass stripper heels!