Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Pre-Vacation Anxiety


Here is Karen, week before last at the twilight camp overnight. The girls made rain sticks. Now, look below:

That is Karen minus about 9 inches of hair! She donated her locks to Lock of Love through Great Clips. I think she looks awesome! If it wasn't for that thumb in her mouth half the time, I might think she was almost 11 or even 12 (she really is almost 11...I just have to harp on the thumb thing as often as possible.


Now, here are some interesting people that I just met last week: my friend Carolyn's parents. Okay, not really. I've known them for about fifteen years, but at Carolyn's birthday party I was introduced to her dad about three or four times. It was really nice to meet him each and every time!
This is a picture of our lot at Camp Turn A Bout the same weekend--pretty, isn't it? As you can see, we were a little under water there! Poor Tom has had to move the trailer out three times this spring, which is a little more often than usual--usually once we move in in May, we are good for the season. A couple of times we've had to move out in May, but never in June! Next thing, the four horsemen will be galloping through!

It's not like I don't have enough to do to stay busy right now, but I am finding that I am worried about which craft project I am going to take with me on vacation. I have half a dozen UFO quilts that need quilting, but I really don't feel like taking the machine and all the crap--batting and such--to put those together. But on the other hand, I do want to take my machine and start a new quilt of some sort. Or start a new hand-piecing project. Or a new knitting project. I have plenty of knitting UFO's that I can do, so maybe I'll just take those with me and quit whining about wanting the perfect project to do while I sit and do nothing else!


1 comment:

nottotaled said...

OMG! Karen is adorable and the boys are so big!! I love Karen's hair. It looks really good.

It was great to see you at Carolyn's party too. Best wishes to you and Tom on your new endeavor!

Happy 4th!

xoxoxoxo