Monday, June 16, 2008

only two weeks behind schedule!

Okay, I took these pictures week before last at Camp Michaels during our ill fated stormy evening of twilight camp. I was playing around with when to use flash and when not to. I like the colors that I get without the flash, but I can't get the clarity. I am sure there is some sort of manual shutter speed thing that I could do and then lighten the pictures up in photoshop, but I am not that sophisticated at the moment.
This one, above, is a rotten stump, very fuzzy, without the flash. The shot below is the same thing with the flash...more sharpness, but I think I lost a good bit of the contrast...the dark icky rotten parts of the wood are all washed out.
Down here is a little creek. I love to take pictures of water and get the motion. There is just something cool about a mossy creek. It makes me think of King Arthur and Robin Hood stories for some reason...that middle ages fantasy thing. I expect to see little fairies flitting around.

No comments: