Monday, August 31, 2009

a little catching up to do

I am so in arrears about posting here, and I blame facebook. I have spent a little too much time tending to my farmville farm (a facebook app) that I haven't paid attention to any of the other parts of my virtual life...and then when I go to my favorite blogs, I see they are not updated, either...could all my virtual friends be tending their virtual farms? ACK!

anyway, now that the kids are back in school, things have gotten way crazy with all the driving around. Dan is doing a great job of getting his grades in shape, though, so I am hoping against all hope that he'll be in position to get his license in October when he qualifies to take the test. Not sure I'll ever be ready to let him go through the cut-in-the-hill during rush hour, but maybe to a practice now and then...that would be great!

Sam spent most of his summer traveling around doing boy scout things. He went to BadinPowel Leadership training, summer camp and Philmont, which is a high adventure backpacking thing in New Mexico. He was pretty tired when he got back, but he's grown up a little, too, I think.

This is Sam at graduation from NYLT (the leadership thing).
Stella missed her boy alot while he was gone this summer. This is a funny picture, because her body appears to be missing, and in reality, she weighs about 300 pounds.

The old dog. It's really hard to get a decent picture of Lucy, the black dog thing doesn't photograph too well, and she moves alot (although not as much as she used to. Sometimes we have to stop and make sure she's still breathing).


this is poor, pitiful Karen, after being forced to pull pork all morning on the fourth of July. she is covered in grease. Okay, i agree, I avoid the pork-pulling like the plague!

Dan is playing goal keeper for the soccer team this fall, which is interesting, since he never played goalie before this year, and only last year came back to soccer after an 8 year haiatus. He's working hard to learn the position though, and will probably get some good varsity time in later in the season.
Haven't had much time for crafting, which is a drag, because I'm driving so much. Not getting home until 9 or so most nights leaves me about pooped out when it comes to sitting down in front of the Huskvarna...but I have done a little knitting, actually designed my own shawl/wrap thing that I've almost finished. If I can only find the camera to photograph it...




No comments: